Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Travelling That Is Bliss

I totally dig travelling and do not mind shelling out fat bucks there. To be in a different place other than home, to see fresh faces and make new friends, taste authentic ethnic cuisine, to buy souvenirs, to immerse in the sheer beauty of a never-before-seen landscape and to click myriad photographs - nothing can get as exciting as this. 

I personally find travel getaways refreshing, relaxing and exhilarating. Not to mention that it broadens my horizon and widens my thought base. 

  • There are different people out there to rendezvous - tall and short, black, white and brown, grim and smiling, proud and ever-giving. 
  • There are gazillion places to venture to - the breathtaking expanse of flora and fauna just does not suffice the human mind. 
  • Likewise, I consider it a silly sin when one restricts himself/herself to her cuisine. If caged within those four walls, one might insanely miss the fantastic varieties of delectable food options. 
  • Seeing the same old stuff can pull us into the abyss of boredom. Travelling kicks hard those mundane frames from daily life. It bursts open vivid, vibrant sceneries; the perfect treat for sore eyes! 
  • Being an avid photographer (still very very amateur at that!), I do not miss any opportunity to wield my camera and point & shoot at nature, people and other awesome stuff that catch my eye.

Having travelled quite a lot around India, my thirst to foray further is unquenchable. It is two different things - travelling with friends and with family. Each has its own share of enjoyment and free rein that I have come to adore. It is utterly amazing to drift to places every now and then.

Like the famous saying goes - "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - Saint Augustine of Hippo.

No comments:

Post a Comment