Pages

Sunday 2 September 2012

Zippy Countryside

I have always fancied the lush green countryside, the people, the rustic life, the sparkling stream and the fresh breeze. I wrote this poem when I dearly longed to be a part of it. The colourful  and simple vocabulary is intended for the younger generation:)


Mad rush at all times,
Skyscrapers mundane,
Where money and power 
Is a zillion dollar game. 

Far from this world,
Far from this fame, 
Awaits paradise green, 
Of corrals and game. 

Up in the mountains, 
Down the steep hill, 
Round and round lake placid, 
With barbecues and a grill! 

Cows, goats, chickens and pigs,
I love farm animals and their funny gigs! 
Riding on horses, sombreros tall, 
Grandma’s pies, with pecans and corns.

Flowers aplenty, yellow and brown,
Teal and aqua, to match my gown. 
Guitars and foot taps, the dancing, the glee, 
Beers a dozen, an unchained spree. 

This is the place 
Where I want to belong, 
Far from the urban, 
Singing country songs!


No comments:

Post a Comment