Pages

Sunday 2 September 2012

Boredom Blues

There was this time when I did not have much work to do. My head was lolling to one side and I was bored to death.  I wrote this poem to keep me wide awake and slush through the long day!


When nothing comes to my mind,
And all thoughts come to a screeching halt,
I sit totally blank; a clean chalkboard.

Restless, impatient,
Disconnected from the mundane,
It is hard to fathom this gap, unseen.

My mind ain’t a devil’s workshop, no!
It is but a thoughtless existence,
When absolute boredom seeps through.

I slide down my never-ending chair,
Eyes half-droopy and ridiculously insane, 
I crawl helplessly on the floor, 
Akin a sloth that has gone askew! 

Pillows, I hit them; 
Fluffy and white, 
Clouds of soft sensations, 
Dreamy delights! 

Just being there, 
In that cottony comfort 
Is what I love the most. 
I do not care, I do not need 
Bliss anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment