Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Writing - A Panacea to The Boggled Mind

I read books, experiment in the kitchen, surf the net, play shuttle, commune with nature during my once-in-a-blue-moon walk on the terrace, watch TV, sing songs, sleep and write. All these in random obviously! I enjoy every one of these moments but the sheer satisfaction that I get out of writing is unbeatable. Initially, I preferred writing on paper and kind of abhorred the idea of shunning my wonderful black pen. As I enlightened myself with the trivial yet significant merits of digital writing I gradually started liking it.
  • There need not be those squiggly strikethroughs. Tap a key and it does the cleaning.
  • Where all have I used "Septuagenarian" in my 1256-word document? Search and find it easily. It is a great relief not to scan through the entire document for one word.
  • Formatting options are galore.
  • I am not wasting paper.
  • I am tree-friendly.
  • There are still loads more, these ones steal the bunch for me.
Though dismally tangent at the start, my thoughts somehow channel to make some sense. I enjoy my writing moments as they extensively improve my diction, my thought flow. I get to toy with words, play my own word game - I am a self-confessed logophile. To me, the best part of writing is expressing my emotions. Be it happiness, sorrow, anger, hatred, jealousy or anything that just wants to jump off the chest, I put them into writing. It is my remarkable panacea for all those mind wars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment